Friday 16 September 2011

Blurring faces

Due to the documentary style of my film i will be exploring new techniques in editing.

My character, being a super hero, will have a secret identity. I will use this aspect, to use blurring faces in my short film- when the character is not ion his super hero costume, as to keep his 'secret identity'.

Blurring Still faces

I have explored how to blur still faces using final cut. I used a youtube tutorial to teach me how to do this suing final cut express.




This youtube tutorial was very helpful and I succeeded in blurring the short video of my face that I filmed. I did face some problems whilst doing this, and the tutorial highlighted some problems- such as how much blur I should use to make sure it is still obvious it is a face. I also realized a problem- I can not blur moving faces. below is my first video- blurring of a still face.

Moving Images
time line with time marks (green dots)
I have decided to try and now blur moving faces as this will make my documentary look more professional. I have found another tutorial on youtube, which was very helpful. The technique is similar, but it takes longer as you need to make time marks. These let you adjust the positioning and size of the blur for every second of the clip. This can take a long time, but is not to hard as long as the movement of what you are blurring is not to erratic.





Below is my attempt at blurring a moving object

No comments:

Post a Comment